[DuoList] How do I get a file off a 2400c w/ no disk or ZIP drives?

Susanna sus at mac.com
Thu Nov 3 20:40:10 PST 2005

Iman:

I use this method often for transferring files.  In case you're still
not clear about what's needed, and the process:

1) A compact flash card.  About a 1-inch-square little flat thing.
Some digital cameras use them.  You can get them in a computer store
or possibly a camera store.  The smaller-capacity ones don't cost
much.

2)The compact flash adapter, another flat thing, several times the
size of the compact flash card (which you can also find easily at a
computer store, possibly a camera store, was $12 or so when I bought
mine).  The compact flash card gets inserted into this adapter, and
then the whole thing goes into the PC slot in the back of the
powerbookslot.  After you insert it, it should show up on the
desktop.  Copy your files onto it, then eject.
Then pull the compact flash card out of the adapter.  Now, in order
to transfer the files to another computer, you need a way for that
computer (assuming it has no PC slot) to read the card.  That's what
the other thing is for:

3)The USB compact flash card reader.  It's something that sits on
your desk, connects by a cord to the USB port on the imac or
whatever.  Mine looks like a whale, and you put the compact flash
card in its mouth.  Then the card appears on the desktop and you can
copy your files off of it.

Susanna