[DuoList] 2400

Willie Roth wroth2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Nov 20 06:18:13 PST 2005

Victoria,
    Congratulations on your 2400 purchase! I bought my first in 1999
and have been using one ever since for my grade keeping and school
work. I teach elementary. I upgraded all the way to 9.1 and every
thing works great on it. Many 2400 users seem to prefer 8.6 and I
think they pull in the extensions that they want and need from os
9.1. Some have gone all the way up to 9.2 and OSX  with 112 mb of ram
installed, but it runs pretty slow with X. I would recommend either
9.1 or 8.6. For wifi I use Lucent Technologies WaveLAN (Orinco)
Silver though their are other cards that work as well. I seem to
recall that I needed to use TomeViewer to install airport because it
kept telling me that it was the wrong type of computer. It was a
loooong time ago but it seems that I found the info on the net
somewhere. Love being wireless!!
    I keep thinking I need to move up to a 12 in powerbook so I can
use OSX, but so far my 2400c with G3 320mhz / 20gb HD / 112 RAM / Yu-
plan keyboard still does everything I need it to do and does it well,
so I keep using it. Maybe someone on this list will tempt me with an
offer I Can't refuse someday then I'll make the jump but for now I
love my 2400!
Willie