[DuoList] OT: Fast CompactFlash and camera delay? (was CompactFlash: is 8MB/sec....)

Gary F. Daught gfdaught at charter.net
Fri Nov 25 16:11:25 PST 2005

Greetings again. This is slightly off topic, but the current
conversation about "fast" CompactFlash memory got me thinking about
my older Kodak digital camera. I purchased a 64MB CF card for it when
I purchased it for Christmas 4 years ago. There is now an intolerable
delay between the time I snap the picture and the time it "takes"
with or without flash. There wasn't any such thing as "fast" CF cards
then—though I don't recall there was as much of a delay at that time.
Do you think investing in a faster card will improve this delay
problem? Thanks.

Gary