[DuoList] Re: 2400 Clicker Fix

R.Friede rlf9 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 6 17:01:03 PDT 2007

On Apr 6, 2007, at 4:18 PM, duolist-
request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 11:17:14 -0600
> From: Thomas Ethen <cacanne at chibardun.net>
> Subject: Re: [DuoList] PB 2400 Replacement?
> To: "A place to discuss Apple's sub-portable computers."
> 	<duolist at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>
>> At one time there was a fix posted on line that replaces the
>> pathetic metal
>> clicker with a micro switch, but I can¹t seem to find it.
>>
>> Tom
>>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 13:10:13 -0500
> From: Tom and Lisa Peters <gionpeters at comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: [DuoList] PB 2400 Replacement?
> To: "A place to discuss Apple's sub-portable computers."
> 	<duolist at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>
>> At one time there was a fix posted on line that replaces the
>> pathetic metal clicker with a micro switch, but I can't seem to find
>> it.
>>
>> Tom
>
> Its from Peter Leithen, but while I have the parts, I didnt _quite_
> figure out how it works.  The clicker mechanism on the 2400 is really
> pathetic.  Not a proper clicker at all.
>
> Mad Dog

Howdy folks,

Long time since I turned up around here. Amazing, I still have those
old Digest emails...

Starting with 2001's DuoList Digest #2080 and onward there's a whole
slew of clicker fix posts.

Chuck Goolsbee and Sidney Ho offered glue and tape temporary repairs,
respectively,
and Peter Liethen ended up replacing the clickers @ $25/machine. (He
was a student then,
and his site for this is long gone.) For me he replaced the stock
clickers on 2 Comets with
the sturdy little red buttons from old Duo modem assemblies,
achieving a more or less
permanent fix for each machine.

I still have several Comets, none of which I can use anymore, all of
which worked fine last time
I checked when I wiped the drives and installed 8.6 in each. Are
there people still interested in
buying these little gems? If so, please reply, but strictly offlist.

Cheers,
Bob F