[DuoList] PowerBook 2400c booting external CD-ROM

Ward Curry wardc at mac.com
Thu Mar 25 12:53:18 PDT 2010

I am trying to re-install the system software on a PowerBook 2400c. I
just purchased an external SCSI CD-ROM drive off eBay for this
purpose. I have a connection cable and a terminator on the other SCSI
port. Every time I try to boot holding down the "C" key it comes up in
SCSI disk mode with a "2" flashing across the screen. How do I get it
to boot off the CD-ROM? I have an OS 8.1 system software disk I am
using, I just can't get it to boot off the CD-ROM.

Much help would be appreciated.

Thanks!