[DuoList] CF to IDE adapters, and the 2300c

Keegan van der Laag kvanderlaag at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 02:53:24 PDT 2010

In light of my recent hard drive troubles, someone has brought about a
thought: CompactFlash to 44-pin IDE adapters are commonplace now, and I
have a plethora of 1-4GB CF cards that aren't doing anything. Has anyone
tried this in a 2300c? The benefits would be numerous. It would reduce
weight, make the Duo almost silent, probably reduce power consumption,
and make the system more resilient to shock, since flash is solid-state.

My only concern, of course, is that the drive controller might not be
okay with the adapter. Has anyone tried this? Any insight? I mean, these
adapters are $1 with free shipping on fleaBay, so I'm probably going to
give it a shot anyways, but if someone knows a particular brand or model
that work, it would be good to have it documented somewhere.