FireWire drive likes G3s, hates G4s

Mike Pickard mike at gerfnit.com
Thu Apr 3 07:21:30 PST 2003

My Madlogix external Firewire drive mounts fine on my G3 B&W at home
and an iBook at a local Apple Store.  But it doesn't show up at all
on my Powerbook G4 12" or the store's desktop G4.  The difference
seems to be the processor chip and/or the support chips in these
machines.  Every one was running OS X 10.2.3 or.4.

Has anyone come across a Firewire drive whose bridge card is CPU chip
sensitive?

Madlogix has disappeared from the Yahoo Mall or I'd ask them some
questions.  Anybody with a Madlogix drive having better luck?

Thanks for your assistance.
--
The Great American {Alien} Novel
http://www.gerfnit.com