X.2.2 and Windtunnel CD Draw Button Support

Robert A. Rosenberg hal9001 at panix.com
Fri Nov 29 09:26:31 PST 2002

I have just bought a Windtunnel with a Superdrive in the upper CD
Draw and a Combo Drive in the lower CD Draw. The machine came with
X.2.1 installed. When I pressed the CD Draw Button (the one in the
upper right of the keyboard) the upper draw opened/closed. Holding
the Option key while pressing that button operated the lower draw. I
got the same results under 9.2.2.

After updating to X.2.2 this has changed. Under x.2.2 the button now
operates the LOWER draw and holding Option causes NOTHING to happen
(ie: No draw is triggered).

Is this a known problem or have I just discovered a new X.2.2-only
bug? If known, is there a fix?

Thank you.