Upgrading a Sawtooth

lavode at attbi.com lavode at attbi.com
Mon Apr 14 08:49:17 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I was wondering how upgradable the Sawtooth is.  I am in particular wondering
about motherboard upgrades, and also if you can put a Superdrive in one.  Also,
if I want to install a Radeon 7000 in it, do I have to unplug the AGP, or will
the Mac run with two video cards (and their respective extensions) installed?

My last question (for now) is regarding the hard drive.  Does anyone know what
the specs are for it?  When I upgraded my wife's iMac, I learned that her
computer ran on an IDE 5400 rpm.  I would want to make sure I get at least the
same speed hard drive.  What is the maximum speed the Sawtooth mobo can use?

Thanks!
-Lavode