[G4] Jaguar - many apps fail to start - unexpected quit

Steve O'Neill steveo at omsoft.com
Mon Apr 21 14:23:18 PDT 2003

Nono, the new user can do anything, it works correctly.  I started
iTunes as the new user, and it ran.  Then I tried iPhoto, etc. and the
Apple stuff ran.  Then I hunted down Digital Performer 4, and IT ran.
iTunes was just a quick check - if it doesn't run, nothing runs.  Not
even QuickTime!

"The Problem" is the protection fault that causes "unexpectedly quit" on
startup of almost all useful apps (fortunately not Netscape) on the
machine, only for my account.

The DSL speed problem is partly due to the fact that this Mac is in a
separate building, connected via AirPort, and the download was took a
lot of retries.  But the upgrade worked fine, I was only whining about
it not being saved the first time :-)