Ethernet Cards in OS X

Pastor Mac pastormac at macmail.com
Sat Aug 2 05:33:50 PDT 2003

I'm looking to make my Sawtooth my home gateway to replace a Win2k Pro
machine.  Even though I keep Windows patched and have Zone Alarm Pro as
a firewall, I'm increasingly uncomfortable with Windows' robustness
(yeah, I know) even as a home based router/gateway.  I had to buy a
Windows box a few years ago when I had duplex satellite internet
service (don't get me started on the nightmare of satellite internet)
but now that I am happily on cable, the ZAP firewall log is *loaded*
with intrusion attempts.  So, either the Windows box becomes a Linux
router (a task in itself) or I can add a card to the Sawtooth and share
the connection.  I'm scrounging for ethernet cards--any particular
chipset that OSX recognizes immediately or brand?