[G4] Switching hard drives.

Fred Thiel thiel at mynewroads.com
Sun Aug 24 09:52:15 PDT 2003

>The 30 would likely migrate into an old PowerMac 6500/275 that needs
>a new drive.

This is the only question I have any experience with. When I replace
my drives in my Quicksilver 733 and tried to install the original G4
40 GB drive in my Performa 6300, it didn't work. After researching
the IBM drive, I found out that it would only work with a G3 or G4
Mac. You might check out the mfg. specs on the model of the HD you're
planning to transplant and find out if it will work on the 6500.

HTH
Fred