[G4] How to edit PDFs

Lavode Lavode at comcast.net
Thu Aug 28 11:55:25 PDT 2003

On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 10:39 AM, Brooks Graham wrote:

> I've just received a PDF file that is a multi-page form that I'm
> supposed to fill out and return, presumably in a PDF file.

I deal with PDFs at work, both in creating, and in editing/using.  If
the form doesn't allow you to type in the fields using Acrobat Reader,
then it is a "Print and Fill" variety.  Nothing short of the FULL
version of Acrobat (retail about $300) will allow you to type in those
fields, and then it will take a ton of work.

If you can type in the fields (using the little hand tool and clicking
in a form field area should bring up a flashing text entry cursor),
then look for a "Send" button at the end of the form.  If the form has
one, it may be a "Fill and e-file" variety that will electronically
submit the form to the company.  If the form doesn't have a send
button, but you CAN type in the fields, then it is the "Fill, Print and
Send" variety.

If your handwriting is truly hopeless, I suggest buying a second-hand
typewriter and typing the fields.

I haven't tried using Illustrator or Photoshop to try what you want to
do, so I can't speak to the results you might get.

HTH,
-Lavode