[G4] Panther on a Yikes

Mel Krewall mkrewall at mac.com
Mon Dec 29 14:09:08 PST 2003

I have Panther on a B/W G3 500, which the same motherboard as your
Yikes. Panther (10.3.2) works great on it. I do have 768 MB of RAM and
a 32 MB PCI Radeon video card (Quartz Extreme-enabled hack), which
helps perfomance. Still, I would think your machine would see some
speed improvement from Panther; it certainly made the B/W snappier. It
has been very stable for me. If you don't have SCSI or other stuff like
that you should be fine.
Mel

"Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty."
  ~ Harry Vardon