[G4] Fitting a Superdrive??

John Pugh pughimag at att.net
Wed Feb 19 14:23:04 PST 2003

As far as I am aware the designations A04 and DVR104 refer to the same
thing. One is an OEM (Other equipment manufacturer) designation where the
drive has someone else's brand name on it and the other is the Pioneer
designation. They are identical drives.

The same applies to the A05 or DVR105, which I just purchased. This is the
latest version of the Pioneer drive (does not require the firmware update),
If you buy the OEM version it is much cheaper (Mine was about $180 - new).
After I installed the A05 in my G4 I had no problems burning DVDs and
CDROMs.

I bought a discounted 'CenDyne' drive from Staples. It is a Pioneer A05
(Superdrive).

G4 500MHz X 2 (GB Ethernet)
768MB RAM
40GB + 80GB HD (Maxtor)