[G4] Palm Pilot Question

Timothy Pitts tpitts at mac.com
Thu Jan 2 16:27:52 PST 2003

I had an original Palm III back in the day, then I won a Handspring Visor
which I won't recommend. I have recently upgraded to the Palm m500. It is
slim, light, has enough memory, and has a great screen.

Buy a PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) that has USB (Universal Serial Bus).
This shouldn't be a factor if buying a new PDA, but if buying an older one
there is cause for concern because you will find yourself buying more
hardware to hook the PDA up to your G4. There is an OS 9 and X (the OS X
version of the software probably won't come with your PDA, but have to be
downloaded from www.palm.com) version of the Palm Software that will run
both Palm's and Handspring's on your G4.

If you want to spend the money, the Sony Clie is  a great PDA. I bought my
Palm m500 for $199. They can be had for cheaper now and I would recommend it
over the newest entry level Palm (the one that eerily resembles an iPod) for
$100.