[G4] X upgrade - Not happy

DILLOMAN at aol.com DILLOMAN at aol.com
Fri Jan 3 17:40:36 PST 2003

Hey guys, even on my home iMac (bondi G3/400 iForce) I've noticed a remarkable improvement in speed - especially on our office Macs (G4/450mp & G4/1ghzMP).

However, we did have a major slowdown after we installed the HP drivers for our peripherals, a Printer & a Scanner.  Whew, 3 hours to print a picture, and the whole system was slow.  Even HP says they're working with Apple for a fix.

My question to you gentlemen is: do you maybe have a peripheral device that might be slowing your systems down???

Our G4/450MP has never run faster - or more reliably than it is now... I just can't believe you have speed complaints  (I'm not nagging or ragging, I'm in amazement ).

anyway my 2¢

--
J. R. Rosen
Armadillo Press-Printing & Graphics