[G4] Linksys BEFSR41 ver 2 Router

Timothy Pitts tpitts at mac.com
Tue Jan 7 17:10:34 PST 2003

I had the old one (version 1) and it was rock solid. I have the new one and
it is rock solid. I have it connected to two computers and a Airport Base
Station (original). I have it networked to all of the following systems:

Dell laptop with Windows XP (not as easy as to configure as a Mac, but not
too bad) over wireless (via the Airport)
Debian Linux (100 Mb Ethernet)
G4 Tower running OS X 10.1, Jaguar, and OS 9 (configured for all 3)
iBook running Jaguar (wireless)

I have all of these machines on the same subnet and when visitors come over
and authenticate they get a separate range of addresses to share from via
DHCP from the router to the Airport and still within the same subnet.

It has a configurable HTTP interface that is simple to use. Very good
product. Even better when considering the cost.

The best part of all of this, is that 2.5 years ago, it all started with two
Macs just like yourself.

BTW, I never had problems with Linksys tech support when I first set this up
either, but that was 2.5 years ago and I didn't tell them I was setting it
up on a Mac. I don't understand why they are jerks about it. It's all the
same standards...they must be afraid to write a new set of documentation for
an OS they are unfamiliar with

Good Luck.

--
Timothy Pitts