[G4] linsksys BEFSR41 Ver 2

Timothy Pitts tpitts at mac.com
Wed Jan 8 16:39:56 PST 2003

>> Does anyone on the list have any experience with this router?  Any
>> information or direction would be help[ful.  I want run two (2) Macs
>> with it.
>>
>> Thanks In advance
>>
>> Jonnyo15
>>

>From my previous post:

>Dell laptop with Windows XP (not as easy as to configure as a Mac, but not
>too bad) over wireless (via the Airport)
>Debian Linux (100 Mb Ethernet)
>G4 Tower running OS X 10.1, Jaguar, and OS 9 (configured for all 3)
>iBook running Jaguar (wireless)

Not in the previous post:

Ultimately these all lead back to the Linksys router. You can log into the
Linksys router via HTTP (your web browser)  and do all of the initial
configuration from ANY of the machines, but if you feel more comfortable
using the help guides from Linksys for Windows then by all means do it
there.

Actually if you use the guides for Windows, they are all pretty much the
same. If you know where the corresponding preference panels are on the Mac
then a lot of the same lingo will apply for the Mac setup. Things like DNS,
TCP/IP, DHCP, static IP, subnet, router.

Good luck.

--
Timothy Pitts
tpitts at mac.com