[G4] IBM Deskstars in new G4's and organization (xpost)

John Switlik switlik at cox.net
Wed Jan 15 19:47:42 PST 2003

I also experience this on a regular basis. Given the IBM Deskstar has a
"duty cycle" and isn't supposed to spin 24/7, putting the drive to
sleep is probably a good thing for extending the life of the drive. I
just wish there was some way to choose how long of a idle period before
the drive(s) start to snooze. My drives seem to sleep after five
minutes or so.

John