beeping

tony melvin b_anthony_melvin at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 16 12:19:13 PST 2003

Hello All,

My computer has started beep beeping again.
I am running OS X and I believe once again that my
hard drive is starting to fail.  I am keeping a second
drive as a back-up.  My question is-- is it really my
hard drive.  This "beep '2 second pause' beep" is
starting to concern me!!  Any feedback?

The last time this happened my system locked I
restarted and there was a grey "no smoking" symbol
-without the cigarette of course- and I needed to
restart again.  When the system came up it took along
time to boot but everything was once again fine.

A sleep problem?

A have 2 Maxtor 60gig.  Looking in my Sys. Profiler I
noticed a Stick of Ram Not showing up.  I may have
answered my own question.

oh yeh.

Thanx
Tony