How to turn off HTML rendering in Netscape 4.76

David Crandon tdc at attbi.com
Thu Jan 23 08:58:46 PST 2003

Hello, this is off topic, but I just became aware (duh!) that when using
any email program that accepts and displays HTML email, that your email
address is given to the sender, therefore verifying it as valid to spammers.

For email, I use Netscape Communicator 4.76 in OS9. Eventually I'll
switch to Apple's Mail, but not yet. Can anyone tell me how to turn off
HTML rendering in emails I receive? I found the pref to turn off HTML
rendering in what I send, but it doesn't say anything in reference to
what I receive. I also found the pref to turn off JAVA in emails I
receive, but again, not HTML.

Thanks,

David Crandon