To buy or not to buy? This is my question....

Mike Tweedie mike at springerlabs.com
Wed Jul 2 16:18:46 PDT 2003

Hi All!

I was in my Local Mac store today... And the price on the G4s has dropped
big-time.

I was quoted today for a 1Ghz G4, stock set up (256, 80Gb, Combo drive) at
whopping $1549 (Canadian Dollars!!!) or the dual 1.25 was only another $500.

My question is; is it worth grabbing one of these at such a good price, or
is the prices expected to drop even more as the G5 looms closer. This guy is
expecting the arrival of the G5 in August! Also, given the new 64bit
architecture, what's the expected lag time from release to native 64 bit
apps?

TIA
Mike