monitor problems or g4 problems..clicking?

Joe Kapsner joe.kapsner at comcast.net
Fri Jul 25 20:01:42 PDT 2003

Hello.  Here is the story.  We have a g4 400 mhz mac which was hooked
up to a monitor that went dead.  Every now and then you would here a
clicking noise that snapped at you as the light flickered on the crt
monitor.  As the clicking went on it got more violent and then
eventually the monitor's picture just went dead, a nice ol black screen
of death was all we could see.  We then purchased another crt monitor,
hooked it up and voila! the picture was back...everything seemed fine
until the clicking attacked us again.  I thought maybe the monitor was
the problem but it is obviously not since the new monitor is doing the
same thing.  I'm afraid something is dreadfully wrong with the insides
of the G4...but what could it be?  What should I do and check?  Is it
maybe the connection?  Video card? battery?  I have not a clue.  Any
suggestions?  THanks in advance.

Joe