[G4] The Occasional Start up chime....

discoveryarts at mail.bellsouth.net discoveryarts at mail.bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 3 06:49:56 PDT 2003

on 6/3/03 9:32 AM, Daniel Brieck at djbrieck at mac.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does any one else have this minor problem of no start-up chime on their
> G4's? My G4 500 Mhz Sawtooth rarely boosts a start up chime, sometimes
> it works and most of the time it does not work at all? Any ideas to why
> this might be happening? Is it a low battery ,P-RAM, or maybe a
> firmware issue?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dan Brieck Jr.

I don¹t know if this will help or is the case, but once when I upgraded my
CPU I restarted  and didn¹t get a chime ( my stomach dropped ) but it
started up normally ( though without the chime ) turns out the mute button
was on and I didn¹t have any sound coming out.   If this is something
recurring maybe toss out the sound pref. file and see if that does anything.