[G4] Swapin chips?

Vernon LeMoignan arrow at oanet.com
Wed Jun 25 15:23:49 PDT 2003

Ya I think so.

the only thing you may have to change is the switch
settings on the motherboard which effect the processor multiplier.
This is because of different bus speeds. For example, If you put say a
400Mhz G3 from a B&W without changing the switch settings on the
beige it would run at 265 Mhz. If you set the switches right you should
be able to get the full 400Mhz.

Both should be zif processors.

If you look on sites like Other world computing, The upgrade cards for
the beige G3's and the B&W G3's are the same, which to me means there
interchangeable.