[G4] Step by step update to Jaguar, please.

Ralph Garrett ralphbones at kc.rr.com
Wed Mar 5 23:52:11 PST 2003

On Thursday, Mar 6, 2003, at 00:48 US/Central, Jim Asherman wrote:

> FCP is Final cut pro, which the original writer mentioned that he had.
>  I assume that if he has FCP and tells us so almost to the exclusion
> of other software products that indeed he is "editing" video as I do
> with this here G4 mac.
> Therefore and once again assuming that this activity has some
> importance to the writer I tried to offer a few caveats which may come
> to his attention during the upgrade procedure from 9.1 to OSX.

might not like QT6 which you are going to have to pay-up to pro anyway
aftter you upgrade to FCP3 presuming that you want to edit in X in the
first place.

You offered one caveat that isn't true. The QT component needed by FCP
is in the QT 5.0.4 Upgrade which comes with FCP 3. You don't need QT
Pro 6 to edit in FCP 3. You'll get QT 6 with Jaguar but it doesn't have
to be upgraded to Pro.
One other note, if you install DVD Studio Pro, QT gets a component
which allows you to export JPG-2 movies, why did Apple wait so long to
add this feature to QT? iDVD is doing this anyhow, why not QT?

Ralph