[G4] How to run Disk Utility Aid on Mirrored Door G4

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Thu May 8 18:45:16 PDT 2003

I appreciate the step-by-step directions on how to boot to something other than an installation CD. However, what do you do if none of those esoteric solutions are available to you?

I have not yet purchased a G4, I am using this BB as a learning tool before emptying my savings account, and I have no CDs other than my OS-X v10.2 and the upgrade to OS 10.2.5.

If a G4 will not boot to those CDs, am I stuck in hot water in the event of a failure? What CDs come with the G4? Apple doesn't make that very clear in their advertisements or web site (at least, I have never noticed such information).

When I purchased my G3 DT in 98 and got the B&W G3 last year, there was no Software Restore CD included with either one. I did get a G3 System Installation CD with the DT, but not with the B&W.