[G4] MDD Combo CD and Toast

Charles Turner turnercl at missouri.edu
Wed Nov 19 06:45:05 PST 2003

On Nov 19, 2003, at 7:13 AM, Power Macintosh G4 List wrote:

> From: Mel Krewall <mkrewall at mac.com>
> Subject: Re: [G4] MDD Combo CD and Toast
> Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:31:09 -0600
>
>  From what you describe, why would you even approach AppleCare with
> this problem?

Because Toast running on my other Mac systems works perfectly well for
creating audio CDs. Toast works OK on this Mac too - when burning audio
to an external CD-RW. So the anomaly seems to be the Phillips combo
drive. If there is a firmware fix I need Apple to supply it because
Phillips' firmware distribution package is just for PCs. Since posting
my first message here I've found a message in Apple's G4 discussion
area where another MDD user describes this exact same problem.

>  Have you been able to try it with Toast 6?

Not yet.

-ct