[G4] Carbon Copy Cloner Caput

John McGibney ensignjd at optonline.net
Sun Oct 26 17:03:43 PST 2003

I remember reading something before that CCC needs lots of room on the boot
drive to create temporary files before it copies these files to the target
drive. CCC seems rather ram-hungry and creates these files when enough ram
isn't available to hold the data for transport. Sometimes these files don't
seem to be deleted immediately after use. I recall somebody that had the CCC
freeze had checked his drive and found tons of invisible files filling his
drive.

If there isn't sufficient space it eventually hangs or gives error messages.
I had this problem when trying to clone a small X drive on my 9500 to
another larger drive. I had to clone 2 or three folders at a time and
relaunch CCC in-between groups. It was annoying but the drive was
successfully cloned.

John

on 10/26/03 8:14 AM, Power Macintosh G4 List at G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com