dvd problem (again) (and again)

zhmmy harper zhmmy at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 12:15:45 PDT 2004

See <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=42705>, which states:
"Apple DVD Player is a software-only DVD player. It is not compatible with
the DVD hardware in the Power Macintosh G3, PowerBook G3, and Power Mac G4
(PCI graphics) series computers,"
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have read that Apple blurb many times while searching their site to
resolve this problem.  The DVD card that plugs into the side of the ATI 128
Rage on the Yikes was an optional Apple OEM.  It requires a very specific
Apple DVD Player version and a very specific set of OS 9 Extensions.  Are
there any of you who happen to know the exact versions and where to find
them?

Yes, I can play DVD movies on Panther and it works very well.  However, I
have high end DVD editing programs for OS 9 and on a fixed income cannot
afford over a thousand bucks to upgrade them.