[G4] identifying a Radeon 8500

David N. Paules dnp at quantumleap.us
Tue Dec 28 13:03:55 PST 2004

Did you ever find an answer to your question about identifying an authentic Mac radeon 8500 card?
I purchased an 8500 from an eBay reseller and have also been experiencing deadlocks. The deadlocks appeared at different times with different OS updates. in 10.3.5 I had them while playing a game, but then 10.3.6 fixed those issues.
Now I am seeing those deadlocks again in 10.3.7, but not in the game, only in the process of waking from deep sleep. Grrr. The seller claims the card was taken directly from an older Mac, but I don't believe him.

Dave Paules