[G4] SCSI, G4 Digital Audio, and OS 10.2.8

Paul Frye paulfrye at mac.com
Wed Feb 4 12:17:36 PST 2004

Wade,

I did have some problems with Booting my drive with the first release of Mac
OS-X.  No previous problems with OS-09.  I think the driver problems were
cleaned up by 10.2 to my pleasant surprise.  I bought this drive for digital
video purposes to begin with...but now I think the new machines and the new
ATA drives probably are all fast enough to work fine.

I have found 10.3.2 to work great and I don't even think about it anymore.
The hardest part was routing the LVD Scsi cable to the drive.

With the original 10 and I think 10.1 I had to boot from a secondary drive
and then set the scsi to be the startup disk on a re-start.  That problem is
long gone...and I enjoy the IBM 10000 and the Adaptec driver seems to be
incorporated into the OS system, too.  It has been transparent on my box for
the last 6 months or so.

Hope this helps and let us know what you do.

Regards,

Paul