Serial ATA (SATA) Drives and PCI Card

Wade Perry wadeperry at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 5 10:33:04 PST 2004

I have given up on my quest to use the SCSI drives I acquired for
Backup/extra storage. I am considering an external case (USB/Firewire). I am
thinking of removing the current ATA 80 Gb (for the external case) and
upgrading the internal to serial ATA with PCI card.

Looking for some feedback. Will be upgrading storage on my G4 DA 933. Has
anyone had experience (good/bad) with the Serial ATA protocol.

Does it really provide the speed as advertised ?

Is it worth the price difference at this point ?

Any issues with the PCI cards in OS X ( Jag or Panther ) ?

Looking forward to your replies.
--
Wade A. Perry