[G4] OS X ?

Wade Perry wadeperry at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 8 14:02:24 PST 2004

Bill,

> From: "Bill Lyon" <lyonw at snycorva.cortland.edu>
>
> I have OS 9.2 on my G-4 and want to upgrade for video editing reasons.
> Which level of X is the most problem free?  Same question for imovie.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill

I would have to echo Shaene's comments. If your system is an older one, my
daughter is running 10.2.8 on a B&W G3 (350 MHz, rev 1 board, 512 Mb ram)
with no issues what so ever. She is in a "film club" in High School and they
use her B&W & iMovie for their projects. In fact it runs so well, she is
kicking herself for not allowing me to do the OS upgrade earlier. She was
using 9.2.2 for two years. Haven't got her convinced to go to 10.3.2 yet. I
get to be the guinea pig.

I held off on the Panther install because I was worried about early
problems. I have to say that 10.3.2 is surprisingly fast and trouble free. I
was running 10.2.8 on an upgraded Digital Audio (933 MHz, 1.25 Gb ram). I
use iMovie and iDVD weekly with no issues. I always wait until Apple has
done a few revisions until I purchase and load a new OS or version. 10.3.2
is a winner. It's been running trouble free for a little over a month. Don't
think I would go back.

That's my two cents.
--
Wade A. Perry