[G4] OS 9.2.1

Steven steven at sifre.nl
Fri Feb 27 18:51:24 PST 2004

Doug McNutt wrote:

 > After some time on the voice line, and after parting with $20,
 > Apple was willing to send me a "replacement" 9.0 boot disk for US
 > consumption. Updates from there were easy.

I guess at that time (four years ago?) a Mac OS 9 install CD would work
on any Mac (that supported the version number) so I guess they could
just sell you a retail install CD... Apple is willing to sell me a
retail Mac OS 9.2.1 CD but that doesn't work on this particular Mac and
Apple doesn't want to sell me the "Restore CD" that works for this Mac.
The dealer I ordered the Mac from also tells me Apple is unwilling to be
flexible about this. I don't understand what the big deal is.  Maybe I
should try again a couple of times... Oh well...

Steven

steven at sifre.nl