[G4] Problems with Pioneer 106 in G4 DP450

Mark macfan at telus.net
Sun Jan 11 15:14:10 PST 2004

On Jan 10, 2004, at 5:58 PM, Eric O. Gold wrote:

> Any ideas out there?

Hi Eric,

No tips about your particular problem. I've had loads of problems with
my ATAPI devices (Zip, CD-RW drive) not being visible in Panther.
Initially, doing a PRAM reset would bring the drives up for a while,
but they'd soon disappear from Apple System Profiler, and from Toast's
view.

I find that if I do a reboot, and open the drive during the Apple grey
screen (visible apple icon, and spinning wheel) the drive will also be
visible for a while.

I'm wondering if there is some greater issue with older machines,
Panther, and ATAPI devices.

Mark

G4 350 AGP Sawtooth
OS X 10.3.2