[G4] Using an appletalk printer on an ethernet network with Panther

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Sun Jan 11 20:23:35 PST 2004

simple answer - buy a cable/dsl router.

more involved - read apple's support article in regards to this:

personally, when hooking my Lexmark laser up via apple talk, i went
with a router (best $25 i ever spent) and it made life simple. i ran
into nothing but problems when trying to run appletalk and PPPoE out of
my mac and got poor performance out of the printer...

sandor