[G4] Dantz Retrospect

Daniel Brieck djbrieck at mac.com
Wed Jan 21 04:53:36 PST 2004

Anne,

Don't read the retrospect Manual, You really don't have too. Look at
the programs Tabs... Immediate is  Now then under that there is a list
of buttons Backup, Restore, etc and each of those buttons  has a good
description of what it does right next to it.. You should never read
that book from cover to cover, it is a waste of your time. You should
only look at it if you get stuck on something..

So, Anne to answer your question Click on "Automate" then "Scripts" and
then "New"...  Set up your monthly complete back up, Chose what to back
and were to, etc... And once that is done then make another new script
and this time only select you "working files" assuming your home
directory or Documents folder instead of your Hard Drive (boot disk).

If you still are confused I would suggest reading some of  the Chapter
on "Automated Operations" (Chapter 5 in my Book). You don't need to
read it all just the stuff you want to do probably the first ten pages
. You should probably stop when you see "Scripted Archive".

Dan Brieck Jr.