[G4] AppleCare

R. Sigismonti n3rs at comcast.net
Mon Jul 19 06:25:19 PDT 2004

I had a G4 400 that I used with an external modem.  We had a nearby
lightning strike and the EMP fried the modem AND the
interface to the motherboard.  Luckly, I had Applecare and the
technician came to my home, identified the problem and
replaced the motherboard on the spot.  I think it was worth the $$ for
the Applecare insurance.  I will always get it
when buying a new computer.

Sig