[G4] Waiting for Disk Copy Helper

Dale Hoffman dhoff at margnat.com
Tue Jun 22 04:43:28 PDT 2004

>Silly question, but have you restarted?
>On 21 Jun 2004, at 19:51, Dale Hoffman wrote:

Yes, restarted and shut down all together. Also repaired permissions.

New: I've noticed some other changes since installing QT 6.5.1
(although I can't say that QT has anything to do with it). My modem
is silent and iChat, Mail, and Address Book appeared as question
marks in my Dock. I don't use these but it's curious that they would
be affected along with my modem's voice. Also the Network System
Preferences window shows blank for all tabbed panes. File sharing is
inactive.

I was thinking about upgrading to Panther soon and thought I would
use this as an excuse but Bill's experience troubles me. I wonder if
a clean install rather than an update would be safer, or if this is
all just a fluke. I need to resolve the Disk Copy issue anyway and
will probably wipe the drive and reinstall Jaguar or Panther from
scratch. This is the first such "snag" I have experienced with OSX on
half a dozen machines.

While I was up on the Apple site I looked for but couldn't find a
phone number for single incident paid support. What is that number?

DaleH