Upgraded Processor, Memo !

Richard cms01 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jun 23 14:24:46 PDT 2004

Just to let the G4 list know,
I have upgrade to a OWC G4 1.5 Ghz processor, and added 2GB of RAM,
to my old G4 450 Saw Tooth, let me say, that the Xbench CPU score of
the Old
G4 450 was 52.40, and now its 176.24 ( 3.36 times faster ) <grin><smile>
but the coolest score was AltiVec Basic the old was 1.06 Gflops/sec,
now its 5.35 Gflops/sec...
great for ripping songs in iTunes.... <big cheese>.

second, I will probably upgrade the video board to ATI 9000 Pro Mac 128,
then, to SATA drives.

Its a great way of keeping up with speed, without going broke.

Cheer's
Richard