[G4] Saving Email as Text

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 26 22:35:29 PDT 2004

On Thursday, June 3, 2004, at 04:06 PM, Ron Steinke wrote:

> If you want to save an email message as a text file, just go to the
> File menu and pull down to the "Save As...." command. In the save
> dialogue box, you are given the option to save the message as one of
> the following choices:
> 1) Rich Text Format
> 2) Plain Text
> 3) Raw Message Source

I quote my original post:

 >Why, when I select a group of messages, and save as
 >.rtf, do I get a file with the first message only and multiple
 >sig files without content for the others?

I  actually just tried again with this whole thread, and I got
one Text Edit document with zhmmy's, James, and Al Poulin's
headers only but no post text, then Ron Steinke's header and his
post and all the typical list footnotes, then James, Alex, and Roger's
headers without content. At the end of the file is my second post
with headers, content, sig file, and footnotes. Then some more
headers: Alex with no content, then my original post with headers,
text, and footers.

Since I want to archive several years of email, I need to be
able to save whole threads as single .rtf files.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com