[G4] pram

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Wed Mar 10 09:11:39 PST 2004

On Wednesday, Mar 10, 2004, at 10:46 Canada/Eastern, Wilkin, Wayne
(Mass) wrote:

> anyone know how to reset the pram on a flatscreen iMac besides the
> keyboard
> method. Thought there was a way to do it via terminal.

Open Firmware variables can be manipulated from Terminal with nvram
(man nvram for details). I don't know if you can use it to reset it to
defaults, and I'm not sure it'd be wise to do so, if possible.

The proper way is cmd-opt-P-R at startup. Some suggest it's better to
invoke Open Firmware upon startup (cmd-opt-O-F) and use the reset-nvram
and reset-all commands. According to Apple Tech QA 1103, that is simply
not necessary, since it's OF that does the resetting when it detects
COPR.