Palm Again

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Tue Mar 23 07:47:15 PST 2004

Anne Keller-Smith <earthpigz at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Still trying to get my Palm to work with my G4.
SNIP
> Anyway, when I rebooted into OSX.2 and opened the
> Desktop software, lo and behold it opened up an X version
> that will not sync with the handheld.
>
> What I need to do is get the Desktop Software to
> "see" the HotSync Manager doohicky. It's right
> there in the folder, it's just not communicating with
> the main app.

Anne:

This may or may not help.

A few weeks ago, my wife called me to the computer because she could not get
her Christmas present Palm TungstenE to HotSync.  We are still using OS
9.2.2.  After checking out a few error messages and the Palm software's
"Transport Monitor" settings, and then just doing a Restart on the G4, it
worked.

However, here I quote from the Tungsten E Readme.txt:

*Installing on both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X
While the installer runs in both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X, Palm does NOT
recommend installing on both OS 9 and Mac OS X on the same computer.  Here's
why:  Files are stored in different locations for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X,
resulting in two different User Data files and potential loss of data.

There is nothing here that seems to relate to hot synch problems, but it
causes me to wonder and speculate.  It seems the Palm software would not
know what files to hot synch with and just prevents you from possibly
synching with the wrong set.

--
Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,