[G4] OS 10.3.3 upgrade

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Fri Mar 26 09:03:10 PST 2004

On 3/22/04 15:11, "Roger Snyder" wrote:

> On 3/22/04 1:34, "Marcus Meinardi" wrote:
>

>> After the update on my G4 Sawtooth installed automatically, firewire stopped
>> working. OS 9.2.2 firewire remained fine. Anyone else having that problem??
>> And what to do?
>
>   That has apparently happened to some number of people, including me.
>
>   Also, as others have reported, my USB SmartMedia card no longer mounts
> either. (Other USB items work fine.)

    Well installing drivers from Lexar (even though I never had old drivers)
fixed the problem mounting the USB memory Card. (Though the Lexar 10.3.3
driver update is for Image Rescue which is for CompactFlash Card readers,
the update fixed it so my Lexar SmartMedia reader so it now mounts. Of
course Image Rescue doesn't see it.)

    My external FireWire/USB still doesn't work though. I haven't found any
tips to get it going yet.

-- Roger