You told me so (appleworks)

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Tue May 18 11:25:12 PDT 2004

On 05/18/04, Anne Keller-Smith <earthpigz at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I'm using Appleworks 6.2.7 for personal checkbook/budget,
> and it's been going pretty well, although I certainly credit
> respondents who reported frustration with clunkiness of
> the program. Compared to Excel, it is indeed clunky.
>
> Main problem I'm having is my file keeps corrupting.
<snip>

> The exact error is "the file appears to be damaged and
> cannot be opened."
>
> Disk First Aid on the Jaguar install disks bleats that it isn't
> compatible with Classic (?) - Why would it be? We're
> talking X here, all the way.

This occurs when booting into the Jaguar install disks, launching Disk
Utility, and selecting your internal HD?

> G4 733mHz (OS X 10.2.0/Classic)

There's not enough information here. How many drives (internal & external),
how many partitions (if any), how much free space on each, and how much RAM?

Your configuration is woefully out of date. AppleWorks is at 6.2.9 and the
OS is at 10.3.8. You should consider updating each.