[G4] Bad Drives

Roger Harris roger at rogerdharris.com
Sun May 30 08:17:03 PDT 2004

For this G4 466 the firmware has seemed to have performed a miracle. The
drive would make a lot of head noise and then get trapped running heads
together repeatedly. The firmware seems to have cured it. I was very
suprised. I didn't have a risk on losing this dive as it was gone
already. I had already pulled everything needed to another Mac and was
going to put a new drive in for her.

thanks to everyone for the help. At the Apple site I did several
searches on this problem without any success. I am glad you folk were on
the ball.

roger