[G4] Problems with Radeon 8500

Jim Pacyga jim.pacyga at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 22 19:31:29 PST 2004

Use the custom install option on the ATI Universal ROM Updater.  Select
the 126 version of ROM for the 8500 then continue...it will flash the
card back to the 126 version ROM.  I too had problems with the newer
ROMs and have since backed up to the original with no problems.
However, I have also noticed that the new 10.3.6 drivers seem to be a
bit slow on my 8500 G4 and even on an iMac G5.

jim