[G4] Apple Mail: undisclosed-recipients

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 6 08:56:15 PDT 2004

Hi -

I have trouble sometimes with legitimate email ending up in the Junk or
Spam boxes.

The common element with this mail is someone has sent it to
"undisclosed recipients."
It is mostly mail from people on lists who are responding to a list
issue but for some reason
I haven't yet figured out, instead of the response going to the mail
server and then out
to the list, it goes out to "undisclosed recipients." Maybe they are
sending to both the
list and to a bunch of friends/relatives?

I was thinking perhaps I had set up the Junk or Spam filters to send
"undisclosed-recipients"
to the Junk box, but no. It would seem Apple Mail is doing this all by
itself. The list where
I have noticed this most often is a Yahoo list.

I asked folks not to address stuff this way, but their response is they
don't want spammers
to harvest the addresses.

What is the correct way to handle this issue? Am I looking at the right
aspects of it?

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net